Vasonic is a trademark used by Vasonic Limited.
Collection and Use of Personal Information
Personal information is data that we use to identify or to contact a single person.
Here are some examples of the types of personal information Vasonic may collect and how we may use it:
What personal information do we collect?
When you purchase a service or contact us including by social media or through participation of an online survey, we may collect a variety of information. This information includes your name, email address, mailing address, phone number, contact preferences, device identifiers, IP address, location information, credit/debit card information and profile information where the contact is via social media.
How we use your personal information.
- The personal information we collect allows us to keep you up-to-date with information about Vasonic such as any announcements or company updates as well as upcoming events.
- We also use personal information to help us create, develop, operate, deliver and improve our services, content and advertising, and for loss prevention and anti-fraud purposes. Where your information is used for anti-fraud purposes, it arises from the conduct of an online transaction with us. We limit our uses of data for anti-fraud purposes to those which are strictly necessary and within our assessed legitimate interests to protect our customers and services. For certain online transactions we may also validate the information provided by you with publicly accessible sources.
- We may use your personal information including date of birth, to verify identity, assist with identification of customers, and to determine appropriate services. For example, we may use date of birth to determine the demographic of our customers when using targeted marketing.
- From time to time, we may use your personal information to send important notices, such as communications about purchases and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies. As this information is important to your interaction with Vasonic, you may not opt out of receiving these communications.
- We may also use personal information for internal purposes such as auditing, data analysis, and research to improve Vasonic’s services and customer communications.
- If you enter into a sweepstake, contest or similar promotion, we may use the information you provide to administer those programs.
- If you apply for a position at Vasonic, or we receive your information in connection with a potential role at Vasonic, we may use your information to evaluate your candidacy and to contact you. If you are a candidate, you will receive more information how vasonic handles candidate personal information at the time of application.
Sources of Your Personal Information where they are Not Collected Directly from You
We may have received your personal information from other persons if that person has invited you to participate in services provided by Vasonic. We may also validate the information provided for security and fraud prevention purposes.
If you are a potential candidate for employment with Vasonic, we may have received your personal information from third parties such as recruiters or external websites. We will use the personal information we receive to contact you about a potential opportunity or in evaluating your candidacy. If you did not provide us your personal information directly, we will inform you of the source when we first contact you regarding your candidacy. For research and development purposes, we may use datasets such as those that contain images, voices or other data that could be associated with an identifiable person. When acquiring such datasets, we do so in accordance with applicable law in which the dataset is hosted. When using such datasets for research and development, we do not attempt to re-identify individuals who may appear therein.
Collection and Use of Non-Personal Information
We also collect data in a form that does not, on its own, permit a direct association with any specific individual. We may collect, use, transfer, and disclose non-personal information for any purpose. The following are some examples of non-personal information that we collect and how we may use it:
- We may collect and store details of how you use our services, including search queries. This information may be used to improve the relevancy of results provided by our services. Except in limited instances to ensure quality of our services over the internet, such information will not be associated with your IP address.
If we do combine non-personal information with personal information, the combined information will be treated as personal information for as long as it remains combined.
Cookies and Other Technologies
If you wish to disable cookies, this can be done in your preferences or settings on your web browser. If unsure, please refer to your web browser provider to find out how to disable cookies. Please note that certain features of the Vasonic website may not be available once cookies are disabled.
As is true for most internet services, we gather some information automatically and store it in log files. This information includes Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, browser type and language, Internet Service Provider (ISP), referring and exit websites and applications, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data. We use this information to understand and analyse trends, to administer the site, to improve our services, and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. Vasonic may use this information in marketing and advertisement activities.
In some of our email messages, we use a “click-through URL” linked to content on the Vasonic website. hen customers click one of these URLs, they pass through a separate web server before arriving at the destination page on our website. We track this click-through data to help us determine interest in particular topics and measure the effectiveness of our customer communications. If you prefer not to be tracked in this way, you should not click text or graphic links in the email messages. Pixel tags enable us to send email messages in a format customers can read, and they tell us whether mail has been opened. We may use this information to reduce or eliminate messages sent to customers.
Disclosure to Third Parties
At times Vasonic may provide third parties with certain personal information to refer, help provide or improve our services, including to help Vasonic to market to customers. When we do, we require those those third parties to handle it in accordance with relevant laws. Vasonic does not sell personal information, and personal information will never be shared with third parties for their marketing purposes. For example, when you contact Vasonic, your contact data will not be sold to a third party such as a marketing agency.
Vasonic shares personal information with companies who provide services such as information processing, managing and enhancing customer data, providing customer service, assessing your interest in our services and conducting customer research or satisfaction surveys. These companies are obligated to protect your information and may be located wherever Vasonic operates.
It may be necessary – by law, legal process, litigation and/or requests from public and government authorities within or outside your country of residence – for Vasonic to disclose your personal information. We may also disclose information about you if we determine that for purposes of national security, law enforcement, or other issues of public importance, disclosure is necessary or appropriate. We may also disclose information about you, but only where there is a lawful basis for doing so, if we determine that disclosure is reasonably necessary to enforce our terms and conditions or to protect our operations. This could include providing information to public or government bodies. Additionally, in the event of a reorganisation, merger, or sale, we may transfer any and all personal information we collect to the relevant third party.
Protection of Personal Information
Vasonic takes the security of your personal information very seriously. Your personal data is stored by Vasonic using physical and software security measures.
When you post on a social networking service to Vasonic, the personal information and content you share is visible to other users and can be read, collected, or used by them. You are responsible for the personal information you choose to share or submit in these instances. For example, if you list your name and email address as a comment on our Facebook page, this information is public. Please take care when contacting us through social media.
The Existence of Automated Decision-Making, Including Profiling
Vasonic does not take any decisions involving the use of algorithms or profiling that significantly affect you.
Integrity and Retention of Personal Information
Your Privacy Rights
You can help ensure that your contact information and preferences are accurate, complete, and up to date by contacting us. For other personal information we hold, we will provide you with access (including a copy) for any purpose including to request that we correct the data if it is inaccurate or delete the data if Vasonic is not required to retain it by law or for legitimate business purposes.
We may decline to process requests that are frivolous/vexatious, jeopardise the privacy of others, are extremely impractical, or for which access is not otherwise required by local law. We may also decline aspects of deletion or access requests if we believe doing so would undermine our legitimate use of data for anti-fraud and security purposes as described earlier.
You have the right to request:
- Information about how your personal data is processed.
- A copy of your personal data.
- That anything inaccurate in your personal data is corrected immediately.
You may also:
- Raise an objection about how your personal data is processed.
- Request that your personal data is erased if there is no longer a justification for it.
- Ask that the processing of your personal data is restricted in certain circumstances.
If you have any of these requests, please contact us.
Third Party Sites and Services
Vasonic’s websites, communications and services may contain links to third-party websites, products, and services. Our services may also use or offer products or services for third parties. For example, we may externally hire qualified and experienced professionals on a large project, or refer the project to a contracted professional.
Information collected by third parties, which may include such things as contact details, is governed by their privacy practices. We encourage you to learn about the privacy practices of those third parties.
Our Companywide Commitment to Your Privacy
To make sure your personal information is secure, we communicate our privacy and security guidelines to Vasonic employees and strictly enforce privacy safeguards within the company.
When a privacy question or question about personal information received in response to an access/download request is received we have a dedicated team which triages your contact to address your issue. Where your issue may be more substantive in nature, we may request more information from you. All such substantive contacts receive a response within seven (7), days wherever possible – providing a response on the issue raised, requesting additional information where necessary or indicating that a response will require additional time. You may at any time refer your complaint to the relevant regulator in your jurisdiction if you are unsatisfied with a reply received from us. If you ask us, we will endeavor to provide you with information about relevant complaint avenues which may be applicable to your circumstances.
Where your complaint indicates an improvement could be made in our handling of privacy issues we will take steps to make such an update at the next reasonable opportunity. In the event that a privacy issue has resulted in a negative impact on you or another person we will take steps to address that with you or that other person.
Vasonic Limited is a registered company in England & Wales. Company registration number: 12303557. Registered office: 35 Ladycross Road, Hythe, Southampton, United Kingdom, SO45 3JW.